Publications in refereed journals
- 'Different forms of decentralization and their impact on government performance: Micro-level evidence from 113 countries', with Rajeev K. Goel, Micheal A. Nelson, and Rati Ram. Economic Modelling, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2016.12.010. [Category 'A' Journal in the ABDC Journal Quality List].
- Taxing the unobservable: The impact of the shadow economy on inflation and taxation' with Pierre-Guillaume Meon, World Development(2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2016.08.019 [Category 'A' Journal in the ABDC Journal Quality List].
- ‘Do remotely piloted aerial vehicles make terrorism more costly for terrorists? Empirical evidence from Pakistan', International Journal of Conflict Management, Vol. 27, Issue 4. 2016 [Category 'A' Journal in the ABDC Journal Quality List].
- ‘Forecast transparency and inflation volatility: Empirical evidence from developing countries' with Cheick Kader M'baye. Global Economy Journal, DOI 10.155/gej-2016-0060 November 2016. [Category 'B' Journal in the ABDC Journal Quality List].
- ‘Corruption across government occupations: Cross-national survey evidence’, with Rajeev K Goel and Michael Nelson, Journal of International Development, Vol 28 Issue 8, November 2016, p.1220-1234 DOI:10.1002/jid.3040. Link
- ‘Does regulatory discretion increase the unofficial economy? Evidence from panel data’, Acta Oeconomica, Vol. 65(1), p.129-141, 2015. DOI: 10.1556/AOecon.65.2015.117. [Category 'B' Journal in the ABDC Journal Quality List]
- ‘A replication of "Corruption and elections: An empirical study for a cross-election of countries"’, with Rajeev K Goel, Public Finance Review, Vol.43(2), p.143-154, 2015. DOI: 10.1177/1091142114537890 Link
- 'Decentralization and business-government relations: Evidence from micro data'. Governance and Management Review, Vol. 1(1), 2016, p.4-25.
- ‘The good governance model to counter extremism: A historical perspective’, Conflict and Peace Studies, Vol. 6(2), December 2014, p.69-84. Link
- ‘Environmental Regulation and the Informal Sector: Empirical Evidence’, International Economics/Economia Internazionale, Vol. 67(4), 2014, p.471-491.
- ‘Monetary policy committee transparency: Measurements, determinants and economic effects’ with Bernd Hayo, Open Economies Review, Vol 25(4), 739-770, September 2014. DOI 10.1007/s11079-013-9296-2. Link
- ‘Institutional quality and environmental pollution: MENA countries versus rest of the world’, with Rajeev K. Goel and Risto Herrala, Economic Systems. Vol 37 (4), December 2013. ISSN: 0939-3625. Link
- ‘Environmental Regulation, pollution, and the informal economy’, with Ceyhun Elgin, SBP Research Bulletin, Vol. 9 (1), 2013, p.62-81. ISSN 1994-201X Link
- ‘Transparency and output volatility: Empirical evidence’, International Economics/Economia Internazionale, Vol.66 (3), 2013, 371-389. ISSN: 0012-981X. Link
- ‘The colonial origins of comparative development: A skeptical note’, Historical Social Research, Vol. 37(140), 360-70, June 2012. ISSN: 0172-6404. Link
- Journal of Applied Economics (Elsevier). Note of Appreciation
- Economics of Governance (Springer)
- Economic Papers (Economic Society of Australia)
- Journal of Macroeconomics (Elsevier)
- Open Economies Review (Springer)
- Economics & Politics (Wiley)
- Technology and Economic Development of the Economy (Taylor & Francis)
- Acta Oeconomica (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Asia-Pacific Education Researcher
- Review of European Studies
- Sage Open
- ‘A review of Marc Lavoie’s Introduction to Post-Keynesian Economics’ SBP Research Bulletin (3)2, 2007, 233-235.
- A review of "The Puzzle of Modern Economics: Science or Ideology?" by Roger E Backhouse. Cambridge University Press 2010. (Unpublished)
- ‘Socrates on research’, La Gazette Cournot 59, November-December 2012, pp. 30-32. Link
- ‘The great war of 21st century: Its nature and consequences’, La Gazette Cournot 57, February-March 2011, 14-15. Link
- ‘Lyon to Lahore: A journey through economic progress’, La Gazette Cournot 56, November-December 2010, 34-35. Link